Monday, August 10, 2009

birthday parties without alcohol, preparing my Canada trip and food issues

Some of you may ask if there's any news here in Germany....
Alright, where to start. Ah, the inevitable happened a few days ago when I left the sphere of the twenties and celebrated my 30th birthday. A difficult date in every womans life but let me assure you that life goes on. And nothing really changes for me, neither did anybody believe I was 29 nor that I am 30 now.

What else? I have booked my flight to Canada. Yep, finally! September 15th I will leave Germany to get to Vancouver, via London Heathrow. Canada means a new start for me. New job, accomodation, friends, places to go etc. It won't be easy, I've already realised that after doing some online research regarding jobs. But I won't give up, keep sending applications and will be on the knocker once I am there.

Furthermore I am in the process of changing my diet. That's a hard job, trust me. You basically avoid everything you used to eat before (and what you really like) and start to eat a lot of healthy things that I didn't even know the name of or I didn't know how to prepare them or I wouldn't have thought they can be a satisfying meal (like tons of sprouts, cheese made of goat's milk, tofu etc). In combination with a good workout I've lost quite a few kilos and for the future I just need to practise what I've learnt over the last few weeks when it comes to food. Fingers crossed!!!

That's it for today. Talk to you soon again!

Katja

No comments: